Faculty of Science
Department of Pharmacy
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE ACADEMY OF GxP EXCELLENCE (NUSAGE)
Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region, continue to gain a greater share of the global pharmaceutical industry as more pharmaceutical companies shift their manufacturing and research activities to this region. The growth forecast of this industry is 9% to 12% over 2006-2010. NUSAGE, together with the Economic Development Board of Singapore, recognizes the need to build a workforce that is technically capable to meet the evolving and heightening regulatory standards for the manufacture of pharmaceutical, biologic and other health products.
NUSAGE aims to offer a world-class academic programme by partnering with renowned academic institutions and pharmaceutical training organizations to shape human capital for the challenges in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Satisfactory completion of courses may lead to the attainment of :
- NUSAGE Certificates of Participation (for Professional Development)
- Postgraduate Certificates (conferred by Temple University, USA)
- MSc (Pharmaceutical Science and Technology) Degree (conferred by National University of Singapore)
These Postgraduate Certification and Professional Development courses are suitable for Professionals, Managers, and Executives who are working in or aspiring to enter the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Participants should preferably have obtained first degrees in science or engineering and have accrued some relevant work experience.
Participants will also benefit from networking with the faculty, trainers and experts from academia, pharmaceutical industry and regulatory authorities in Singapore and USA. NUSAGE provides the platform for the exploration of global best practices and latest advances in the industry.
The group that founded NUSAGE includes (from left to right):
- Mr Beh Kian Teik, Deputy Director, Economic Development Board;
- Assoc Prof Chan Sui Yung, Head, Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore;
- Mr Tan Kay Yong, Vice-President, Global Manufacturing and Supply, GlaxoSmithKline;
- Ms Regina Yeo, Director of Quality, Asia Pacific, GlaxoSmithKline;
- Prof Andrew Wee, Dean, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore;
- Ms Yong Hwee Yee, Director of the R&D Pilot Plant in Singapore, GlaxoSmithKline; and
- Dr Chui Wai Keung, Deputy Head, Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore.
NUSAGE acknowledges the support from and partnership of the
National University of Singapore, the Temple University of USA,
the Economic Development Board of Singapore, the Workforce
Development Agency of Singapore, the Health Sciences
Authority of Singapore, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson,
ICON, Roche, Lonza, Genentech, Novartis, Schering Plough,
Sanofi Aventis, Merck Sharp and Dohme, and others.
Group photo taken during the launch of National University of Singapore Academy of GxP Excellence and 1st International Conference on Patient Safety & GxP, held on 25 and 26 March 2008 at the Nexus, Level 6, Lee Kong Chian Wing, University Hall
NUSAGE Industry Curriculum Workgroup Panel:
- Nicholas Almeida Merck
- Jacob David Novartis
- James Killory, Schering Plough
- Nik Mongroo, Lonza
- Yang Kian Seck, Sanofi-Aventis
- Regina Yeo, GSK
- Yong Hwee Yee, GSK
- Melody Hong, EDB
- Jocelyn Loh, EDB
- Beh Kian Teik, EDB
- Tan Kay Yong, GSK
- Chris Dobson, GSK
National University of Singapore Academy of GxP Excellence (NUSAGE) is formerly known as Singapore Academy of GxP Excellence (SAGE) before 31 January 2010. All certificates, materials and information created and disseminated before this date in the name of Singapore Academy of GxP Excellence (SAGE), will continue to be recognized as being originated from the same source and bear equal importance and significance as NUSAGE.
Last edited 11 October, 2011