Faculty of Science
Department of Pharmacy
OVERSEAS PHARMACISTS ASSESSMENT PROGRAMME
THE NUSAGE POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN PHARMACY PRACTICE
The aim of the OPA Programme is to fill the gaps in relevant knowledge and skills in pharmacy practice & pharmacotherapy for pharmacists who come from non SPC recognised university Pharmacy programmes. This programme aims to bring the academic standing of the prospective candidates to an equivalent level as the recognised overseas university programmes stipulated by the Singapore Pharmacy Council.
If or when the supply of pharmacists is sufficient to meet national demand, the Singapore Pharmacy Council may request for the discontinuation of this programme upon giving prior notice to NUS Pharmacy Department..
- There will be two intakes per year (namely January and August). The next intake will be for August 2016.
- Each intake will accept not more than 20 candidates.
- Candidates may complete the 7 modules in 2 semesters but should not take more than 4 semesters.
- To successfully complete the certificate programme, a candidate must pass all the modules and achieve an average C grade.
- If a candidate cannot maintain an average C grade after 1 semester, the candidate will have to leave the programme.
- Candidates who have successfully read and passed the 7 modules will be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Pharmacy Practice issued by NUSAGE.
Modules to be offered in January to May each year
- PR2134 Self Care I
- PR2135 Pharmacotherapeutics II
- PR3136 Pharmacotherapeutics IV
Modules to be offered in August to December each year
- PR1140 Pharmacy Professional Skills Development I
- PR3122 Self Care II
- PR2133 Pharmacotherapeutics I
- PR3124 Pharmacotherapeutics III
There will be no intakes till further notice.